So Amy and I made another trip, we went to Sevierville, TN....where my maternal Grandfather was born. It's such beautiful country, and we got to see a bunch of wonderful family. My Great-Uncle Cotton is the last living of my Grandpa and his 8 siblings. He reminds me so much of my grandpa, it was very fun to see him, and his wife, Juanita. His daugheter, Janet, was our gracious host and we got to experience southern hospitality at it's best, along with DELICIOUS southern cooking!
.
(Click on any pics to see them larger)
.
This swing is in front of Uncle Allen's house...his property is so incredibly beautiful!
Uncle Cotton. Amy took a liking to him immediately!
Bethel Baptist Church. Many of my ancestors are buried in the cemetery here. My mom and Uncle Cotton.
Cousin Janet and Amy.
My mom and Amy.
Here's Amy and I in Janet's sun room....look at that view from her back yard!
This is cousin Jack and his wife Luva.
This is my Grandma.
It was such a fun trip! Thanks to my mom for taking Amy and I along!


3 comments:
I like your hair curly like that...
When I was 12, my family went on a roadtrip back east to visit relatives and stopped to see my Uncle Joe and Aunt Esther who were serving a mission outside Nashville somewhere. They lived in an old civil war cabin on the side of a mountain overlooking a valley. Oh my gosh! It was the MOST beautiful place I'd ever seen in my life. Seeing your pictures brought back so many memories!
Amy gets cuter in every picture!!!
Heidi stole my comment.
Totally love your hair in the green sweatshirt :)
And Amy is as cute as Ever.
Post a Comment