Sounds like a yummy recipe, right? Kaden made it up.....
1. Open 1 packet of instant oatmeal
2. Empty said packet into a plastic bowl (because those are the only ones you can reach, you're only 3, afterall)
3. Put plastic bowl into the microwave
4. Punch various buttons, the beeping noises are cool, it makes you feel like a star ship captain, and you could certainly be captain, I mean you're old enough to make your own oatmeal
5. Find the start button, you'll recognize it, because it's bigger than the rest and when you hit it, the microwave starts going
6. Watch with delight as the kitchen fills with smoke and your mom rushes into the kitchen from her office, opening the microwave to find the oatmeal charred black, and the plastic bowl half melted
7. Be grateful for the fun experience, even though you didn't get to eat your oatmeal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Uh, btdt myself... as an adult... yeah, I was in a rush, didn't notice I forgot the milk. It STANK for weeks!
oh no - yikes!!!!!!
my oldest ds did that when he was in kindergarten and now fifteen years later the tale of that dreadful bowl of oatmeal crisp is one that we always bring up when telling family stories (the smell was so bad we ended up throwing the microwave in the trash and we were starving students with a new baby on the way at the time so we didn't have money to do that - it was just that bad)
My personal favorite smell is charred hot dog. Put it in the microwave for 14 minutes and walk away. It keeps the house fragrant for weeks!
LOL! Ryan (that's right, an adult) did something similar with pizza rolls when he worked at Albertson's. I believe it was around 20 minutes and they caught on FIRE. The microwave was so burnt from the fire that they had to throw it away.
Ewwwww, melted plastic, nasty. He probably just made another hole in the ozone layer, lol.
Hey there Crysty! I LOVE your blog. You have a great way with words. I especially love the story of your journey to motherhood. You're amazing.
What a great blog you have here! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment